Monday, February 07, 2005

How I spent my weekend

Let's see.
Friday Night:
Jessica1 and Dave1 decided not to go out with Sean & Patti, so we had the night to ourselves... how did we spend it... sitting and doing not much.
Saturday:
Spent the day playing on my computer and wiring up the entertainment center properly along with running a cable along the walls and ceiling to my computer desk so that I can have the cable modem and router at my desk and I can hook up my ATI All In Wonder card so I can watch some tv on my pc if I choose. Unpacked some boxes. My wife came home and was sort of impressed, but I discovered that she was annoyed that I didn't touch the kitchen. You see I chose to put away things that I knew pretty much where they went. Now in my defense I didn't touch the kitchen for several reasons:
1) Not all the hardware for the shelving is there.
2) I know that I would have put something somewhere that she wouldn't like
3) I would have put something in the right place, but the wrong way.
4) I would have put something in the right place, the right way, but not cleaned properly.
5) I would have done something wrong somehow that I can't even come up with....

So you see, in order to avoid all 5 of those reasons I choose to stay out of the kitchen. Later on that night, I could tell that she was annoyed that I put away movies and CDs because she asked for something that was packed away and I told her I don't have a clue as to where that would be and she said "that's because it's not in an Entertainment center box". Turns out I also put away VHS tapes and CDs in the wrong place. Guess I can't win for trying. But at least 5 more boxes were unpacked. Where the shit goes is a problem for another day. I just want these stupid boxes out of the house so that we can properly put things away. Oh and if the above seems like I'm complaining... I'm not. I love my wife with all my heart.

Sunday:
Spent most of the day at my parents house installing XP on their machine along with Office 2003. Like all good parents they went out and got the memory I told them to get. Which is great. Like all good upgrades, another part had to be bought and that was a DVD drive since the CD drive that they had wouldn't read cdrs for some odd reason. You'd think that a 52x drive would be able to read any disc out there... guess I was wrong. At least they wont' need a DVD drive later in life. Then I went home and watched commercial... oh and a game in between... but mostly I just watch the commercials...
Wife and I went to Red Lobster for dinner and to sort of celebrate our anniversaries of when we met and when I proposed to her. Which isn't till this weekend... but the opportunity presented itself in the fact that she actually picked a place to eat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home