Thursday, February 03, 2005

Why can't we go back to the good old days?

I'm just wondering when we can go back to the good old days...
First of all, read the following fatman post. Okay so now you know some of the background.

If you are too lazy, then let me put up the important information:
Group of game players:
Dave1
Dave2
Jessica1
Joe
Tam
Paul
Amanda

- Dave1 and Jessica1 won't be anywhere that Amanda, Paul or Joe is at.
- Amanda won't be where Jessica1 is at
- Dave2 won't be anywhere that Joe is at

Now I ask you, when can we go back to the good old days? You know when we could ALL get together and play games. I'm not talking all the stupid head games... I'm talking board games and card games, etc. As it stands it seems we need to schedule time to spend with Sean and Patti. Because of all the conditions that people have created we can't have a night where everyone wants to attend and just have fun. It used to be that we could play games on Wed. night. Well, now that's out because if Amanda and Paul show up, then Dave1 and Jessica1 won't show up. If Paul and Amanda show up, then they promptly leave or play "I don't see the giant pink elephant in the room" or "If I don't acknowledge you're here, then you are not". Which sort of reminds me of "If I cover my eyes, then I become invisible", but I digress.
If Joe and Tam show up, then Jessica1 and Dave1 won't show and neither with Dave2. However, no one seems to tell anyone if they are going to show up or not, so lately it's been only one group of people showing up or none at all.
I want to play board games again. With a med/large group of people. This two player shit is for the birds. Three is just as bad, but a little better. So now Sean and Patti have to schedule their friends on different days so that each group doesn't "bump" into the other one. So as it stands. Wed. nights are for Jess1 and Dave1 with Dave2 coming along when he doesn't feel like being a shut-in. Fridays will be for Joe, Tam, Paul and Amanda. I'm not sure about the rest of the week for Sean and Patti, but if it gets any worse they will have to have a "game night" every night of the week so that they can see their "friends" on a regular basis.
All I want to do is play board games... I really don't care about all this other stupid shit that has been going on. I can play games with people I don't care for... it actually makes the game a little more interesting sometimes.

I saw you last night
Getting up from the couch and leaving to go home when the phone rang and you heard it was me that was on the phone. It's okay, I'm sure it wasn't because we were coming over, I'm sure you had "other things" you needed to take care of.

Links of the day

Why Cop Cars have Bars - Now why would you do a stupid thing like that?
Hong Kong firm wards off evil spirits with feng shui underpants - "If you have a dragon on your underpants you will be protected"
- Unwitting coffee model awarded $15.6MMakes em wish they had settled for the 8.5
Chinese man grows his own chairs - Yeah now that's the ticket!
Peru's Rare 'Mermaid' Baby to have Risky Surgery - Ummm yeah... sounds like the weekly world news....
The Vitalize Plus Hexagonal Water - Refurbished - WTF? What is the testimonials?!!!!
Ctrl+alt+del - I have the beta.. it's pretty much like that...

1 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, February 03, 2005, Blogger Joe said...

You saw a Jessica1 and/or Dave2.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home