Friday, February 04, 2005

Entertaiment Center

Spent most of last night putting back together my Entertainment center. Now I know what you are saying... "can't be that big of deal" right... well you would be wrong.
You see I have quite a few things I needed to hook up to the TV and Receiver.
Here's the List:
  • Digital Cable Box
  • Tivo
  • Xbox
  • PS2
  • PS1
  • NES
  • SNES
  • N64
  • GC
  • DC
  • VCR
  • PC
  • Atari
  • Record Player
I know what you are thinking, how can this be. How can you hook all this up? Well I have two switchboxes to accommodate everything. One is a digital switchbox so that I can hookup the PS2 and Xbox with optical sound, so I can get proper surround sound. I also had to put in a hub because the Tivo, PS2, Xbox and PC all have network cards in them. Now you should have a pretty good picture about the mess of wires that is created with all of this. Because of this move I actually took out my Sub Woofer, 400 Disc changer and DVD player. So before I had a few more things hooked up than I do now. This is because I pretty much have all my CDs on the PC now and I'm going to sell the changer and get another hard drive for the PC so that I make sure they all can stay on that PC. All in all it took me about 4-6 hours to put it all back into place. I still need to find one power cord (for the GC) and I need to get the old school NES from my brother so that I can hook it up with the AV cables instead of the RF switch which I really hate right now. Anyway, most of it is up and running... now I can take out 3 more boxes to the dumpster.

I saw you today
Quietly asking the question of numbers. With your eyes of raccoon. Why do they hire people like you to guide the seekers of sustenance? Many woman find you too cute and therefore do not want to partake due to mental strife. Men get slapped for smiling in your direction when you started it first. But you don't care, you just smile and nod.

Links of the Day
Escape the Room - Good time waster
Woman indicted for giving fatal sherry enema - Damn...
Grandma admits to cheating on test in 1957 Damn, do you women forget anything?!?!
Doctor Fakes Insanity to Avoid Military - I give him props for the effort, I mean sticky liqueur in the shoes...
Fox Trot - What keeps falling off? :)
Car Vs. Telephone Wires - Knew I should have had that much to drink that night.
Follow up to Drinking man and avalance story - Wow, snopes was on top of that one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home