Wednesday, February 02, 2005

What do you get when you try and cram 1100sq foot apt. into a 650sq foot apt?

I'll tell you. A frustrated couple who wants to throw the other person's stuff out the window.

Just moved into a new apt. Went from a two bedroom to a one bedroom. This leaves out the chance that we get another roomate. But it also means that we are taking all the stuff that we have grown into, and shrink it down to a smaller space.

The other problem is the layout of the room. Because it is an apt. they have chosen to place only one cable outlet in the entire place. The logical person would place the Entertainment center on that wall so that you wouldn't have to run a ton of cables. The feng shui person would place it where it seems best. In the end, the logical won, but I'm sure the feng shui will change the position later in life, which is fine. I just wanted it somewhere right now so that I can put all of our stuff back in it and out of boxes so that I wouldn't have to navigate the cardboard maze.

Speaking of roomates. I loath spoiled rich kids/adults. I'm talking about people who grew up with money in their hands at all times. These people seem to think that a couple of hundred dollars ($300) is not that big of a deal to loose. However when said person needed to pay rent, that person freaked out when said person was $100 short of the $275 rent. Suddenly $100 seemed like a million. But I digress. When you get a roomate in an apt., get in writing that they will clean, and I mean actually clean, not just tidy up, their half of the apt. before they leave, otherwise they will need to leave the total amount of the deposit with you. Otherwise you'll end up staying at the apt 6 hours later than you thought you would so that you could clean a fucking oven and burn the shit out of your arm because some of the "easy off" got on you. If I don't get all of my deposit back. The roomate is going to pay for it... I don't care if said person has to get it from their fucking mother or sell their body parts to the highest bidder. I will get my money.
I lost several hours of my life and my body is sore from all the scrubbing, not to mention my wife's pain. Oh and don't think that you can just waltz into the apt. for an hour near the end of the cleaning and expect us to believe that you would have come earlier if we had called you. That's bullshit. We did call you. Three fucking times and you didn't show till the crying was already been done. Don't even get me started about the fact that I had to pay the 1/3 of the rent that you didn't pay because you fucking told us too late that you were moving out and we got stuck with the last months rent. Oh wait I forgot, $275 is not that big of a deal.

Back to your regularly scheduled program

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home