Thursday, January 26, 2006

Moving sucks

I tried to pack boxes yesterday because I'm doing the year trek around town. Yep, ever since I moved out of my parent's house I've moved every year. I've never really found a place that I could stay at. There have been many reasons.... mostly money is the driving force, but sometimes it's just the place...
First place had paper thin walls and they charged me for water... one month I spent it at my GF's apt the whole month... never took a shower at home, always at her place and never cooked at home... yet my water consumption was rated at the same as when my GF was at my place and she took showers and stuff at that place... the downstairs neighbors played their rap music... which is fine... but hearing bass at 1:30 in AM is really annoying. This was my smallest apartment...
Second place was all Util's paid... which was great, I could run my stuff all day long. However the downstairs neighbor smoked and filled up my apt all the time with smoke smell. My clothes smelled like I smoked... plus the pool was right out my window and even though people weren't suppsed to be there after 9:00PM they still had sex and drank out there at 2:00AM on a Wed. This one was bigger than my first apt.
Third place was a large two bedroon that me and my soon to be wife shared, we got married and then got a room mate... yeah it was nuts... my wife quit her job and we needed the money to help pay for such a large apartment... the roomate was a bitch and drunk and it didn't end well between us... almost broke up our new marriage... This one was a two bedroom and was huge and had a fireplace, which my wife loved... I hated that we kept "burning" money.
Fourth Place is the one I'm in right now and will be moving out soon. It's in the same complex as my wife's apartment that she had when I had my first and second apartment. So she thought it would be a good place to go back to. The rent was the right number... it was fine till our upstairs neigbors moved in... they walk around like a heard of elephants and smoke in their apt, which filters into ours... I can't smell it, it's not near as bad as my second apt... but she can... and the fact that they just raised our rent by $30 a month... we are now moving to my 5th place in 5 years... This one was half the size of the two bedroom and no fireplace
This new one is smaller than our current apartment... but it's got a fireplace... and it's at least 5 miles close to my work.
I hate packing... especially with my wife... she wants to pack like we are moving accross the country and not accross town... plus she wants me to purge... which I don't want to do... I worked hard for my garbage... I want to keep it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home