Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Ribbon and wrist band campaigns

I can understand the whole yellow ribbon around the old oak tree thing. But now it’s getting ridiculous. Every car has some sort of “ribbon” on it. Someone came up with a clever way to put it on your car with the whole magnet thing… now everybody and their brother are making “ribbons” to put on your car.

There’s yellow for troops, there’s a flag for homeland security, there’s pink for cancer, there’s blue for internet censorship, there’s white for engineering students murdered in Montreal, there’s green for “responsibility in free speech”, there’s purple for the WTC along with flag colored ones as well… there’s a ton more… Ribbon campaigns out there but I’m afraid that soon we will run out space on our cars to display them all.

Then there’s lance Armstrong Livestrong wristbands, which I support. However I was at a local convenience store the other day and they had all kinds of colors for wrist bands that were for various things out there. A search on google shows that people are doing the same thing with ribbons as they are with wristbands now. So does that mean if I had a ton of the ribbons on the car I should then line up all my wristbands on my arm. I know the 80’s are trying to make a come back so I guess the ton of rubber bracelets is not out of the ordinary any more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home